Thursday, February 9, 2012

Believe....

We all go through days when we feel like giving up is the answer.  I have found myself in this exact situation the past couple of days.  Work has been stressful, my diet has been off, and I have doubted myself in the gym.  With all the encouragement I receive from my wonderful friends, something has just been off.  We have all been there at one point or another.  So, how do we get ourselves out of these "ruts" we find ourselves in? The answer lies within ourselves.  And, this can often be the hardest thing to find and implement.  This ideal I am talking about is BELIEF.  I think Christian Larson stated it best with the quote below:


This ideal is one of the corner stones of (R)evolve Apparel.  When nothing seems to go our way it is extremely difficult to believe in ourselves; our abilities, our talents, our heart, our determination, everything.  Because it is easier to just throw in the towel.   But the truth is, that every one of us has the ability to stand up to any obstacle we face and overcome it, if we can tell ourselves to just BELIEVE.  Whether it is at work, in the gym, or in life the power of belief can help us break down any obstacle we face.  Often times, the internal victory comes in the fact that we trusted in ourselves enough to give something a try.  That we had the courage to challenge ourselves to do something we never thought possible and did it anyway regardless of the outcome.  There is no obstacle in this world that can defeat you if you believe in yourself and convince yourself that anything is possible if you give yourself the credit you deserve.  The victories come when we stand up to these obstacles.  This applies to all facets of life.  The power of positive self talk will truly allow you to face all obstacles.  I am going to ask all of you to remove the "I can't," "It's too hard", "It's too heavy", the "I don't like doing that", "I'll never be able to do that" or any other negative talk we all say to ourselves. Rather, I want everyone to look for an obstacle and when you come to it, believe in yourself and your inner strength, and tell yourself "I can", "I will", or any other POSITIVE talk you can think of.  Lao Tzu has a quote, that I placed on one of my shirts, "The Obstacle is the Path." Life isn't easy, it's not supposed to be, if it were it would be a pretty boring place.  So, starting today, I ask that you commit to allowing yourself to be great. To trusting in yourself and your abilities.  To BELIEVE in yourself and the inner "something" that makes us greater than any obstacle.

Live...Adapt...Evolve
www.facebook.com/revolveapparel
www.revolveapparel.bigcartel.com

Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment